Thursday 2 October 2014

Contributor Interview #1: Helen Temperley

Now that the collaboration is well & truly underway, I thought it would be nice to interview the 12 contributors (myself incl) over the next couple of weeks.
So without further ado here is the first interviewee:


What is your name and what do you create?
Hi, my name is Helen Temperley. I create illustrations, prints, portraits, graphics, printed t-shirts, clothing and accessories, and upcycled, hand painted and embellished furniture. And anything else that takes my fancy! I mostly work in ink and watercolour pencil, in a variety of styles. 






















Were do you take your inspiration?
From nature, the world around me, social history, cruelty and injustice, Celtic Art, Art Nouveau, and my dreams. Plus loads of other stuff that makes my head too full!

What is your favourite piece of work or project you've worked on?
I honestly don't think I could choose a favourite! I always get engrossed in and love whatever I'm on with at the time, then when it's finished, I say a teary mental goodbye and the next project becomes my new favourite. 






















What is your ultimate artistic goal?
To be able to work on my art without having to have a second job for security, and have money left over to travel more. I know that doesn't sound very ambitious,
but I'm not greedy! :D 






















Where can people find out more about you?
They can keep up with me on my website, www,winkinbitsy.com. I'm also on Facebook, Twitter and 
Pinterest.
Or people can peruse my goods for sale on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WinkinBitsy (Winkin Bitsy Arts)

No comments:

Post a Comment